The Peace Portal was created
- as the charitable component of the Free Digital Universe, a virtual fund raiser for Peace Portal Projects,
- to fortify the efforts of Peace-promoting Organizations in leveraging the tools of the Information Age,
- identifying and integrating solutions evolving from the GaiaTech EcoVillage design (attached below),
- to address poverty, the environment, globalization, and lack of critical life resources.
The concept for Peace Portal is to share solutions including an Information Age economic model to fund a variety of humanitarian groups around the globe, thereby increasing the overall power and effectiveness of each individual group in a unified enterprise community.
To identify, develop, implement, and sustain promising practices that address the core of the issue - the Industrial Age Economic Model - with innovative and multidisciplinary approaches to reduce persistent poverty.
We envision the following:
- Working with Peace Portal platform partners, and independent Project Partners, our "Sustainability Council" identifies critical issues, seizes special opportunities, researches issues to determine future program directions, and promotes cross funding of projects.
- Creating pathways to economic security, self-sufficiency and sustainability for everyone, especially young people who are inheriting a world struggling to find a balance.
- Peace Portal and many of it's projects and partners will become self-funded via donations from the Prosperity Program. Sponsors are making a donation to Peace Portal every time a digital sale is made on the platform. Should a specific project be needed to compliment other projects, this fund allows us to activate and leverage that resource without all the normal red-tape of getting these types of activities funded. Additional built-in fundraising opportunities for non-profits will be also made available.